HOW DO I RENT A HOUSE FROM YOU?
- Find a house you like on the website and contact us to arrange a viewing.
- If you decide that you would like to reserve a room or house after viewing it, then we ask for a holding deposit of £50 per person. We will take the house off the rental market and forward to you a draft tenancy agreement which we will expect you to sign within ten days. If we subsequently decide not to accept you as tenants (if, for example, we take up references and these are unsatisfactory) then we will return the money to you. If you decide not to take the house then we will retain the money. If we proceed to sign the tenancy agreement (as normally happens) then the £50 will become part of your damage deposit.
- The tenancy agreement needs to be signed by the Landlord and all the tenants. When you sign the contract you will pay a deposit of 1 months rent less the £50 holding deposit and the full deposit will be returnable at the end of the tenancy when house is returned in clean and tidy state. We will hold this deposit in a Government approved tenancy deposit scheme during your tenancy.
- Rent will be payable monthly in advance and can be paid by bank transfer, standing order, cash, or cheque.
- When you want to move in, either on the starting date of your contract or later if you wish, you will need to arrange to meet us at the property where you will be given the keys, we will also collect the first months rent from you and together we shall review and sign the inventory list.
- During your tenancy you should contact the Landlord by email, text or phone with any queries or to report any maintenance issues.
- At the end of your tenancy you are expected to leave the house as you found it in a clean and tidy condition, remove all personal belongings and rubbish, pay all bills and return the keys to us. Any damages or cleaning required which is over and above normal wear and tear will be itemised to you before being deducted from your deposit.
- Chas & Frances Boys will endeavour to ensure that all our tenants are happy with the service that we provide and will always be more than happy to deal with any further queries that you may have.
- We always give an absolute minimum of 24 hours and preferably 48 hours notice if we intend to visit the house for maintenance, inspection or to show future prospective tenants round. We do not let ourselves into the house without previously having notified you.